|Course:||Care Support - QQI Level 5|
|Category:||Healthcare and Childcare|
Approx. Start Date: Tuesday 12 February
(Applicants will receive confirmation of actual start date by letter and text)
This module is one of many elective modules leading to a full award in Health Care Support QQI Level 5. The module equips the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively in a care setting. It aims to promote good practice and respect for diversity in lifestyle, religion and culture in care work.
Upon completion of this module, learners will be able to:
1. Discuss the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
2. Examine the role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team
3. Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care
4. Apply knowledge gained to plan and meet the needs of the individual client
5. Explore the need for personal planning and growth
6. Plan strategies to improve own personal development
7. Reflect on personal effectiveness as a care worker to include own strengths and weaknesses
8. Reflect on relationships with clients, relatives and multi-disciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in care work.
In order to participate fully in the learning and assessment involved in this module, it is essential that applicants have some previous experience of caring for an older person whether in a private capacity (e.g., a family member) or as part of their work.
|Start/End Time:||7:00pm - 10:00pm|