|Course:||Web Design - QQI Level 5|
|Category:||Computing and Photography|
Approx. Start Date: Tuesday 8 October(Applicants will receive confirmation of actual start date by letter and text)
The purpose of this award is to enable the learner effectively use Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) standards and editors in the construction, testing and maintenance of webpages and sites.
1. discuss the development of HTML and CSS
2. comment on the use, purpose and attributes of a range of HTML tags and the web browsers that support their use
3. Explore development and editing tools for generating HTML tags and CSS style sheets.
4. Discuss principles of good website design
5. Investigate web authoring tools
6. Discuss maintenance of evidence for a web authoring project
7. Plan an appropriate design and user interface for a specified website
8. Employ HTML tags and use CSS in the construction of web pages and sites
9. Test website functionality to include an examination of browser compatibility and the resolution of any functional issues encountered during testing
11. Recommend a course of action for the future upgrading, maintenance and testing of a website
12. Employ HTML and CSS code generators and evaluate their merits
13. Work independently to design, implement and maintain webpages independent of ISPs and web browsers
14. Apply the principles of good website design in the creation of web pages and web site.
Are you currently working or on a social welfare payment? You may be eligible for free fees!
If you are in employment, you may be eligible to have your fees WAIVED for this course under the National Skills to Advance Initiative.
To find out if you are eligible for a waiver of fees, DO NOT click apply below, rather complete and submit the APPLICATION for FEE WAIVER form and a member of staff will contact you directly.
If you are in receipt of a social welfare payment and wish to take this course, please present evidence of your payment (stamped by social welfare) and photographic ID to Fleur in the administration office at Cavan Institute, Monday to Thursday, 9:00am to midday.
|Start/End Time:||7.00pm - 10.00pm|