|Course:||MS Excel Spreadsheet Skills - QQI Level 5|
|Category:||Computing and Photography|
Approx. Start Date: Tuesday 8 October
(Applicants will receive confirmation of actual start date by letter and text)
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to create and modify spreadsheets using common features. Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. Investigate a range of common uses for spreadsheets
2. Explore key spreadsheet elements including cells, cell references, numeric, alpha, and alphanumeric data, formulae, functions, graphs and macros
3. Demonstrate common spreadsheet usability features, to include use of toolbars, window management, sorting, and filtering
4. Use spreadsheet design features involving data and cell formatting techniques which enhance understanding and legibility
5. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution, and management of simple macros
6. Print complete or partial sections of a spreadsheet, formatted fit for presentation
7. Use advanced spreadsheet features including absolute and relative cell references, conditional IF statements, statistical, financial, and date and time functions
8. Generate a variety of types of graphs, with appropriate titles and labels, from spreadsheet data
9. Produce a spreadsheet, with minimal supervision, that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose
10. Demonstrate personal initiative and resourcefulness in editing and amending spreadsheets to ensure they are fit for purpose.
Are you currently working or on a social welfare payment? You may be eligible for free fees!
If you are in employment, you may be eligible to have your fees WAIVED for this course under the National Skills to Advance Initiative.
To find out if you are eligible for a waiver of fees, DO NOT click apply below, rather complete and submit the APPLICATION for FEE WAIVER form and a member of staff will contact you directly.
If you are in receipt of a social welfare payment and wish to take this course, please present evidence of your payment (stamped by social welfare) and photographic ID to Fleur in the administration office at Cavan Institute, Monday to Thursday, 9:00am to midday.
|Start/End Time:||7:00pm - 10:00pm|