|Category:||Social Studies, Social and Personal Development|
This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to understand the nutritional composition of food and the effects of food and nutrition on an individual##s health and personal well-being.
* To understand the importance of healthy eating and its benefits to good health
* To be able to identify the components of a healthy diet for all age groups
* To understand the process of digestion and the factors that affect it
* Appreciate the role of food and its significance in the management of various conditions and diseases
* To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Nutrition through the medium of the indicative content
* To enable the learner to take responsibility for his/her own learning.
|Start/End Time:||6.30pm - 9.30pm|